• Sat. Aug 13th, 2022

Gas explosion in Ejisu leaves a 14-year-old dead and four others injured. 

A 14-year-old girl has died, and four others are on admission at the Intensive Care Unit of the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital after a gas cylinder exploded at Achiase-Amoam in the Ejisu Municipality of the Ashanti Region.

On Monday about 4 p.m., a renter attempted to check on her leaking gas cylinder, which exploded and caught fire in the process.

When she heard the explosion, a next-door neighbor, who was in her room with her three children, raced out, but was caught in the flames.

The victims were rescued by inhabitants of the house and other neighbors in the area, who transported them to a nearby health center, where they were then referred to the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital.

Shamsiya Yahaya, a 14-year-old girl, died on Thursday while being admitted to the hospital.

A mother and her two children, as well as another tenant, are currently awaiting entry.

“For the time being, I am perplexed,” Yamusah Humu Salma, the owner of the gas cylinder that burst, told Citi News. “I’m in a lot of discomfort.”

Residents in the region are raising donations and appealing to the public for assistance with the victims’ medical bills.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.