Gyedu-Blay Ambolley has slammed Okyeame Kwame for threatening to sue him after accusing him of misappropriating MUSIGA funds.
Okyeame Kwame was dubbed a junior rapper by the Ghanaian sensation.
“Okyeame Kwame is a junior rapper,” he said in an interview with Joy News. You want to sue a senior musician because I stated some of you guys used the MUSIGA office for loans and everything?… “I haven’t insulted you by saying you went to steal or bear false witness,” he said.
“Taking a loan and, you, a junior rapper, want to take a senior rapper, senior singer, senior composer, and everything to court?” he said in the interview. “I’m going to show him that he’s wrong.”
In August 2020, Gyedu-Blay Ambolley was served with a writ of summons after lawyers for Okyeame Kwame filed a defamation complaint against him.
Bice Osei Kuffuor (Obour), the previous president of MUSIGA, allegedly gave Okyeame Kwame and other friends GH50,000 each from the GH2 million allocated to the union by the government in 2012.
Bobby Banson ESQ of Smith & Adelaide legal firm, Okyeame Kwame’s lawyer, demanded that Ambolley withdraw the statement within 72 hours or face legal action.
After Ambolley failed to retract and apologize within 72 hours, Okyeame Kwame, through his lawyers, filed the complaint.
“We’ve been attempting to deliver this to Mr. Gyadu-Blau Ambolley since March of this year, but the bailiff has been unable to locate him.” Please inform the legend that the court is looking for him if you know where he is. He has eight days to report. This is a legal document. Thank you,” Okyeame Kwame wrote on Thursday, August 27, 2020 in a Facebook post.
Mr. Ambolley responded by revealing in an interview with JoyNews that he deliberately ignored Okyeame Kwame.
“He started last year, sending me bailiff,” the singer of “Who Go Pay” revealed. I ignored him since I know he has no idea what he’s doing.”
“I was also hoping for a huge case so I could show my point in front of the entire world.” He added, “Because there is no reason for me to get up and manufacture something on Okyeame.”
He believes that the case will now be tried on February 18, 2022, and that he is prepared to face down Okyeame Kwame.